What is Check In Canada™?
Check In Canada™ is a consortium of accommodation associations, from British Columbia to Ontario, who are working together to connect guests directly to the accommodations that serve them, reducing the high cost of third party intermediaries. By powering listings on provincial Destination Marketing Organization websites across Canada, Check In Canada™ allows consumers to search and book accommodation based on rate and availability.
What are the Benefits of Check In Canada™?
- Detailed quarterly analytics about where your potential customers are travelling from, their age, and their gender - all critical elements to help guide your marketing investments.
- Optional free tracking code lets you see the number and dollar value of reservations booked.
- Consumer feedback through TrustScore™.
- In Ontario, accessibility ratings through Planat™ (Rick Hansen Foundation).
- Green Key ratings.
- A free online reservation system if you don't have one of your own.
- In Alberta, all properties listed on Check In Canada™ are considered for a Housekeeping Award.
Most importantly, you own the relationship with your guest, increasing guest satisfaction and your own profitability.
Through Check In Canada™, guests are connected directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest.
How Do I Get the Most Out of Check In Canada™?
- Verify your property’s information on www.CheckInCanada.com and notify us of any updates at email@example.com.
- Track the number and value of reservations made through Check In Canada™ by embedding a reservation tracking code on your website. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the tracking code and instructions.
- If you have a reservation system but your rates do not appear, contact email@example.com. If you do not have a reservation system and want your rates and availability to appear in consumer searches, take advantage of JackRabbit’s free reservation system at www.jackrabbitreservations.com/hotels/new. For assistance, view the brief tutorial at http://bit.ly/JRVid.
Who is Involved in Check In Canada™?
Check In Canada™ has been endorsed by the Hotel Association of Canada. Currently, over 3,300 properties across the country participate, as well as:
- Travel Alberta and the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association,
- Destination BC, the British Columbia Hotel Association and British Columbia Lodging & Campground Association,
- Manitoba Hotel Association,
- Ontario Restaurant Hotel and Motel Association with Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership, and
- Saskatchewan Hotel & Hospitality Association.
Why Does the Accommodation Industry Support Check In Canada™?
Consumers are able to connect directly with hotels, allowing them to shop for and select their room, then book directly with the property. Accommodation providers can build relationships directly with the guest, increasing customer loyalty and reducing costs.
How Much Does it Cost?
Enhanced Listing - $195 annual fee + $1 per click:
- Links directly to your reservation system
- Your rates & availability appear in consumer searches
- Detailed quarterly analytics
- Clicks invoiced quarterly
We've taken the worry out of high referral fees. No matter how many consumers click on your listing, Check In Canada™ only charges for a maximum of 200 referrals per year.
Basic Listing - $195 annual fee*, no clicks
- No link to your reservation system
- Your listing appear after all Enhanced listings in consumer searches
- No detailed quarterly analytics
How Will I Know How Many Reservations My Property Has Received?
To track the exact number and value of reservations made, you can embed a reservation tracking code on your website by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once reservations are received and matched to session cookies in the guest's browser, conversion and reservation data will appear in your analytics reports.
How do I update my listing?
You can verify your property’s information through www.my.checkincanada.com. You will be asked to create an account to manage your properties. For help call 1-888-612-2772 or email email@example.com.
How does Check In Canada™ get information on my property’s rates & availability?
Our partner, JackRabbit Systems, is the leader in “Book Direct” technology. JackRabbit’s unique technology allows us to scrape availability and rates from your property’s reservation system and display the results to consumers on your province’s Destination Marketing Organization website and CheckInCanada.com.
What if I am not sure what reservations platform I use or if my platform is compatible with Check In Canada™?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to ensure your property’s rates and availability are displayed.
What if I do not have an online reservations system?
JackRabbit Systems can provide you with an easy-to-use reservation system at no additional charge. Visit http://www.jackrabbitreservations.com/hotels/new to sign up for JReS, JackRabbit’s free reservation system. Once you have signed up for JReS, you will receive a user manual with links to online videos.
How can I be sure the referrals are real?
JackRabbit Systems checks its internal reporting against Google Analytics to track clicks by session. Any unusual activity is investigated and removed from your referral count. Please contact email@example.com or call 1-888-612-2772 if you have questions about your invoice.
Ready to start? Sign up now.