Research shows that consumers prefer to book directly with accommodation providers. Until now, they could only shop for a room by searching passive listing sites, browsing Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), or by sifting through multiple hotel websites. Now, Check In Canada™ allows consumers to search for accommodation by rate and availability, then book directly with the hotel.
Led by the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association and endorsed by the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), Check In Canada™ is a consortium of provincial accommodation associations from British Columbia to Ontario who are working together to connect guests directly to the hotels and lodging that serve them, reducing the high cost of intermediaries. Check In Canada™is owned by these member based organizations, not a private, for profit entity. Its purpose is to enhance the guest experience and drive economic prosperity for Canada’s tourism & hospitality industry.
Guests are connected directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest. Check In Canada™ provides:
- Detailed quarterly analytics about where your potential customers are travelling from, their age, and their gender - all critical elements to help guide your marketing investments.
- Optional free tracking code lets you see the number and dollar value of reservations booked.
- Consumer feedback through TrustScore™.
- In Ontario, accessibility ratings through Planat™ (Rick Hansen Foundation).
- Green Key ratings.
- A free online reservation system if you don't have one of your own.
Most importantly, you own the relationship with your guest, increasing guest satisfaction and your own profitability.
How Much Does it Cost?
Enhanced Listing - $195 annual fee + $1 per click:
- Links directly to your reservation system
- Your rates & availability appear in consumer searches
- Detailed quarterly analytics
- Clicks invoiced quarterly
We've taken the worry out of high referral fees. No matter how many consumers click on your listing, Check In Canada™ only charges for a maximum of 200 referrals per year.
Basic Listing - $195 annual fee*, no clicks
- No link to your reservation system
- Your listing appear after all Enhanced listings in consumer searches
- No detailed quarterly analytics
For program specific questions, please contact us toll free at 1-888-612-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.